Sunday, 22 February 2015

New Reviews!




Posting 2 new reviews for #GoingAgainstType:

Amazon.com:
4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read February 18, 2015
By Book Addict
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
...
This was a sweet, enjoyable read. I loved the concept, so I didn't hesitate to buy. The characters were great, and I really liked our leading lady Charlotte. My stomach was in knots when a simple mistake placed her job on the line, letting me know how invested I had really become in her journey. Derry himself was a really interesting and likable character. The romance was sweet, instead of intense, and the sex was pretty closed door. Now I have said this many times before, I like my sex scene to sizzle, but somehow…the closed door nature of Derry and Charlotte coming together was perfect for the pacing, and tone of the story. A really enjoyable light hearted read and I would recommend it.
There were bits I wanted more of. I wanted to see more stuff happening instead of being told. It isn’t that the telling wasn’t wonderful, because it was entertaining. But salient information like the first kiss between Derry and Charlotte, was mentioned in passing. I was like holy hell! Why? I needed to see that onset, the uncertainty, the tension, and feel the pleasure with them, ya know. Other than that missed first kiss, I loved the steady buildup to their falling for each other, though I wished I had seen more page time with Derry and Char. I thought it was so sweet that they didn’t fall into bed with each other, but took the time to date. And what made it so perfect is that they were both rivals (Cain and Able, Superman and Lex Luthor rivals wink emoticon ). Battling each other with their posts from the newspapers they worked at, and didn’t know it. I waited with bated breath the entire time for it to be revealed. And I was satisfied when it happened.
It was a good read, humorous in a few places giving me some laugh out loud moments. This author completely drew me into Derry and Charlotte’s lives, making the story feel wholesome. I got to see Derry and Charlotte with friends, co-workers, and family, painting an even greater picture of their characters.
I would recommend to readers looking for a sweet romantic comedy to sink their teeth in. Did I mention this book kind of reminds me of the movie, The Ugly truth? And I loved that movie.

And Amazon UK:
5.0 out of 5 stars Great - with enough twists 16 Feb. 2015
By J.T
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase

Great - with enough twists, turns and fun to keep me reading.
A female in a male dominated environment - always good!
I really enjoyed it and I'm going to miss Charlotte now...MT


Here's the buy link: tirpub.com/gatype
 

No comments:

Post a Comment